[ More Services
Does your partner:
- Hit, slap, kick, shove or bite you?
- Strangle or “choke” you?
- Threaten to hurt you or your children?
- Prevent you from seeing friends or family?
- Make you feel bad about yourself?
- Call you derogatory racial or sexual names?
If you answered yes to any of theses questions, you may be a victim of Domestic Violence.
You are not alone.
In 1992, Catholic Charities of Fulton and Montgomery Counties began their commitment to helping victims of Domestic Violence in Montgomery County formerly provided by the Women’s Resource Center. A few years later, we began serving innocent victims of other crimes, such as assault, robbery, arson and DWI, with the assistance of Office of Victims Services.
The following free and confidential services are available to victims:
- Crisis intervention and safety planning
- Individual supportive counseling
- Legal advocacy in Family and Criminal courts
- Personal advocacy with a variety of other services: DSS, hospitals and doctors, housing and employment, Community Maternity Services, AIDS services, drug and alcohol treatment and others.
- Community outreach and education
- Information and referrals
- Bilingual, bicultural staff and services
- Transportation to DSS, Family and Criminal court
- Woman’s support group
- 9 bed safe house
- 24 hour hotline
- Victim’s right assistance
- 911 cell phone program
- OVS claims assistance
These services are available to individuals regardless of age, religion, gender or sexual orientation.
For further information or to speak with an advocate, please call our hotline.